[medium format photography, pigment print on Hahnemuhle cotton paper, 65x85x5 cm]
Golden Jail | Discovering Subjection is a series of photographs on cotton paper, enrolled and superimposed. The images compose the series realized during two different residency programs in Cairo and Bahrain, between 2012 and 2014.* The intervention on the photographic prints reminds to the cancellation and camouflage acted by the governments to preserve themselves, in particular in two countries invested by the Arabic Spring, Bahrain, and Egypt.
* the residency program at the Townhouse Gallery, Cairo (2012), as artist winner of the RESÒ program – International Network for Artist Residencies and Educational Programs / Fondazione per l’Arte Moderna e Contemporanea-Crt; Al Riwaq Art Space, Manama, Bahrain, for the Festival “Alwan 338. Foundation”, curated by Alexandra Stock.
- Contemporary Locus XI. Eva Frapiccini, curated by Paola Tognon, Carmine Monastery, Bergamo, Italy, 2016
- Eva Frapiccini, Golden Jail | Discovering Subjection / Pasqua Vorgia, Traces, BOZAR, Palais des Beaux Arts, Brussels, Belgium (duo solo show), 2016
- Eva Frapiccini. Selective Memory | Selective Amnesia, text by Cristina Baldacci, Alberto Peola Gallery, Torino, Italy, 2015
- Altro dalle immagini, curated by Filippo Maggia, Sandretto Re Rebaudengo Foundation, Torino, Italy, 2014